Coldplay Live 2012 Album Review | Teen Ink

Coldplay Live 2012 Album Review

Performed live on tour in 2012, this whimsical and dream-like album is not one to miss. Their record company is Parlophone. With such upbeat songs as “Hurts Like Heaven” and “Paradise” and more morose songs as “Us Against the World” and “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall,” Coldplay’s 2012 live album offers a nice variety of songs while tying them all together under similar themes. While listening to these songs, I felt at ease or inspired to artistically express myself, and I found myself going back to these songs even in my personal time. In particular, I have a fondness for “Us Against the World” and it’s soothing atmosphere, as well as “Hurts Like Heaven” with it’s more upbeat, road-trip style melody.

If I had to pick my least favorite song of this album, it would be “Princess of China”, as the melody was somewhat forgettable in my opinion and it had a distinctly more technopop vibe to it, which not inherently negative, did make it a bit of an odd fit for the rest of the songs. All together, however, I have only positive things to say on behalf of this amazing album. These songs all remind me of summer and sunshine, and give me the motivation to chase the proverbial “more” in my life, even if I was previously satisfied.

I find it hard to understand why other people may dislike these songs, but I suppose those with little patience for the modern style of most songs, or those who specifically enjoy one type of music, could find something to dislike here. This album has opened my eyes to the song options out there, as I’d only listen to a couple Coldplay songs in passing before, and makes me want to go out and find more songs such as these to satisfy my ever-growing need for music. If you’ve not given bands like Coldplay a try, then I highly recommend this album to you as a jumping-off point for more tunes of this genre.

All of these songs are from pre-existing Coldplay albums, with around half debuting in the Mylo Xyloto album. Other albums with songs included are A Rush of Blood to the Head and Viva La Vida or Death and all his Friends, among one or two others.

I was forced to do this piece, but I found good songs, so it was worth it??