Hopeless Fountain Kingdom by Halsey | Teen Ink

Hopeless Fountain Kingdom by Halsey

By Kimberly2021 BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
Kimberly2021 BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

“Just running from the demons in your mind, Then I took yours and made 'em mine (made 'em mine), I didn't notice 'cause my love was blind.” Ashley Nicolette Frangipane, who is famously known as “Halsey” released her, widely known single, Without Me. When people hear the name “Halsey”, her famous single will pop into your head. I mean how not, she made that song with poetic lyrics, that caused fans to become mesmerized with the melody and lyrics.

Halsey album: Hopeless Fountain Kingdom is commonly compared to Alessia Cara album, Know-It-All because both albums are mostly talking about falling for a boy or being in love in most of their songs. The song I’m Yours has a lyric that says: “Nobody asked to get me attached to you, In fact you tricked me, And I wasn’t trying to fall in love but boy you pushed me, So all that I’m asking, Is that you handle me with caution.” is similar to the lyrics: “But your love's too good to lose, Hold me tighter, Even closer, I'll stay if I'm what you choose, Can we be seventeen?, Cause I am what you choose” from the song, Seventeen. The only difference is that the lyrics in the song I’m Yours it’s talking about falling in love with someone unintendedly whereas the lyrics in the song Seventeen it’s talking about how a in love couple wants to stay replaying the same day over and over; they don’t want to move on to another day.
Most of the songs are fast and light or either slow and light which causes the songs to be delightful and catchy to others. Every song has different meanings to it, but mostly every song in both albums have similar topics to each other. An example would be “Make your mind up, I need you to make your mind up, yeah, Draw the line up.” from the song Now or Never. And an example of a similar lyric is, “Got a boy back home in Michigan, And it tastes like Jack when I'm kissing him, So I told him that I never really liked his friends, Now he's gone and he's calling me a b**** again.” from the song Bad at Love.