Review: If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know) by The 1975 | Teen Ink

Review: If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know) by The 1975

By gaximus BRONZE, Didcot, Other
gaximus BRONZE, Didcot, Other

On February 17th 2020, The 1975 debuted a brand new song on the first night of their UK tour. This song was called "If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know). Then, over 2 months later, the band released the studio version of the song. 

Beforehand, people were talking about the song online nonstop. A TikTok dance was even created for it, before the song had been officially released. The 1975 have a seriously dedicated fanbase, and it showed. Bands hardly ever have this amount of hype about a song pre-release.

The song itself recieved critical aclaim. NME described it as "The 1975 at their glorious, gargantuan best", while DIY predicted it's "destined to go down in their discography as one of their best". The song peaked at No. 14 in the UK Top 40, 1 place higher than 2015's The Sound.

It features catchy lyrics and saxaphones, and once you hear it once, you'll want to play it again. The 1975 show with this song that they can constantly change up their sound, appealing to almost anyone.

It comes as a single from The 1975's upcoming album Notes On A Conditional Form, joining the ranks of People, Frail State Of Mind and The Birthday Party. The album is shaping up to be one of their best, however reviews coming in are mixed. All in all, the album will as good as you think it is, and everyone else's opinion doesn't matter.

Notes On A Conditional Form releases this Friday (22nd of May 2020).

I'm a student from the UK, really into music and writing.