Short story | Teen Ink

Short story

Short story

Four damned souls a failing magician broke and desperate  cursed for killing his wife in order to collect her life insurance check. A boxer punished for wearing brass knuckles in order to kill his opponent in the ring during his big fight. The third a Female escort killed a client for having pieces of blackmail against her. Finally a crooked cop who was involved in killing the mayor who was looking into police corruption. The four were all damned for their misdeeds and all given a chance for redemption. The four were put to get her and as they awoke they heard grunting and yelling in shock the looked for the source of the noise. They stumbled upon a seemingly dead body confused they walked toward it but the corpse awoke and began to reach for them in shock they jumped back and began to run but it seemed everywhere they ran there were more re animated corpses knowing they were going to have to fight they started there way to the police station to load up on weaponry. After they got their weapons they heard a voice telling them they had to do the rituals to save their souls. The group began to search for these rituals all around the city they used to call home by pure luck they stumbled upon the boxers forme training center he as he entered he found the brass knuckles he used to kill his opponent suddenly a wall of fire appeared and he was trapped in his center with other damned spirits he began to run and right befor the spirits got him a flash appeared and the spirits disappeared shaken up he ran out and the voice said three more.  The group continued on realizing the rituals where at the place they had felt the safest for themselves the then traveled to the magicians practice room the place where he had murdered his wife. as he enters he found the knife he used and again fire arrows but suddenly a giant three headed monster with tentacles appeared and began to chase him the flash went off but the creature did not disappear   the group began to fire but the monster would not fall suddenly the escort hit a shot striking the beast in the mouth destroying one of its heads instantly the group began to shoot for the head of the beast. After they had defeated it the voice whispered only two left. The group eagerly wanting this to end proceed to the club the the escort would work for there they found the third ritual she found the scissors she had used to kill the man who blackmailed her. In this room demonic music began to play and suddenly wiches made of fire began to appear from the walls shocked she began to run and was trapped the group began to fire and strike down the witches after the flash the group was happy to only have one step until they were saved they went back to the police station only to find the final ritual surrounded in blood his badge that he was supposed to uphold and honor when placed on the altar the undead arose again all those the officer had wronged appeared the officer was able to kill them fairly quickly until the corpses of children arose and the officer over whelmed in shock that is agenda had affected those who where were defenceless he could not bring himself to kill them. the group from the outside began to fire but to no avail the officer had already been torn to pieces by those he had hurt. At this moment the man behind the voice appeared and told them they had failed because they were all supposed to be redeemed and suddenly the a hoard of the three headed beasts began to chase the final three in all different directions. As they ran the voice said only one will emerge reddemd as the escort ran she was traped again and eaten by the monsters. Then the boxer made his way back to the ring low on ammo he charged the monster in his final monts the monsters grabed him and ripped him to shreds. The unknown man came down and gave the magician and gifted him  enchanted sword That he would have to use to kill the monsters the swords aided him in the fight but the man reanimated his wife and ordered the man to kill his wife again to be free he accepted and was not freed by the man he explained that he was to learn from his mistakes and not repeat them and was banished to stay in this hellish wasteland.