What If the Zombie Apocalypse Actually Happens? | Teen Ink

What If the Zombie Apocalypse Actually Happens?

By -annekcm- BRONZE, Gilbert, Arizona
-annekcm- BRONZE, Gilbert, Arizona

Our fears of the zombie apocalypse are going to come true.

For decades there have been instances of “zombies” present within our politics. First, in 1777, they took away women's rights to vote. In 1855, a black woman was declared as property and had no rights to defend herself in court against her rapist. Bradwell v. Illinois, zombies ruled that a married woman cannot practice law. The Supreme Zombie Court gave states the right to deny public funding for abortions and the ability for public hospitals to prohibit abortions. Most recently, Roe v. Wade was overturned, making it so women have no Constitutional right to abortion. Warm Bodies is the only instance with a good zombie, but it's only when the zombie starts coming back to life! 

Communities have come together with great strengths to bring awareness for the present matter, yet consequences of ignorant zombies in our politics are affecting our probability of survival. There have been successes of bills passed in combatance and preparation for the undead, but there is still much to do. Even with the mentioned representations of zombies, it seems that our attempts at equality and equity are not being fulfilled. 

Our actions for the future must be diligent and thought through. We now must collaborate together even stronger and be ready to defeat the enemy. Especially since the common folk, a.k.a. apocalypse-unbelievers, may not understand the weight of the topic at hand. Possibly thinking: When are the zombies even coming? Is it necessary to prepare for the doom ahead? Do they actually eat our brains? Will they be interested in human interactions? Should I set up a nice date for the two of us so we can get to know each other? Notably, Zombie bad? Lots of questions come to mind surrounding the basics of zombies and survival. 

Let's dive in.

What is a zombie?

Is it purely a human come back to life after death? What color are they? Is there any intelligence left in their brains? Are they an ignorant piece of bones that only thinks for themselves? Or are they persons who have the authority through politics to spread their misinformation?

What will happen if the apocalypse comes?

Would there be a way to combat the zombies? Is there a possibility of the ghouls outsmarting the humans? Will they take our intelligence and make us brainwashed into their naive mindset? Can the apocalypse completely control our lives and turn us all into zombies as well?

Will they convince living humans to become zombies?

Is their propaganda strong enough to convince breathing beings to become bewildered beasts? What if the apocalypse causes mass hysteria which then allows the zombies to overtake our government? Why can't they understand the complexities of humans and cooperate to find a better solution for all individuals? Could their rotting tactics attract individuals to be like them? Would their constant oppression of our living become too much to where we must give up and give in?

How could we survive?

Are there enough rations to live in bunkers for an extended period of time? Is there time in the apocalypse that allows for tea and crumpets? Could the surviving humans deal with the dangerous beast always beating at their door? Would the threat level to our necessities be just weak enough that the zombies don’t successfully break our barriers? How might we stand for our opinions when the ghoul gnaws at our every weakness?

Do they understand that we are more than objects that can be pushed around?

Do they understand that we are more than benefits for their livelihood? Do they know the weight one must carry to be a woman? Do they know that we are more than mere pieces of meat to be eaten and thrown around like peanuts at Texas Roadhouse? 

How can we defeat the apocalypse?

We can defeat the apocalypse with collective small actions. We can defeat the apocalypse by standing and fighting for what is rightfully our own. We can defeat the apocalypse by proactivity in politics and not allowing the corruptive zombies to have authority. We can defeat the apocalypse by refusing congress to have rights over women's individual choices.

What if the zombie apocalypse comes and as the zombies take over our livelihood with their negligence and misinformation, the power of the people combat the zombies through movie-like, incredible, 4K, slow-motion, battles, protests, and strikes and no longer let the zombies control our government?

Will we fulfill our destiny?

We must.

I'm currently a first year ASU student majoring in Film and Media Production! This essay was for my second semester english class. A humor and proposal essay based off a model writing source.