Am I Enough? | Teen Ink

Am I Enough?

By KiwiBaby BRONZE, Birch Bay, Washington
KiwiBaby BRONZE, Birch Bay, Washington

"The problem with two faced people is that you can never decide which face to slap first."

" You can not change what is apart of you," although I've often tried. My body was never thin enough, my imperfections I'd always hide.
I smiled when they said I was beautiful, I laughed when they said I was great. But it took a long time to believe in their words, I figured loneliness was my fate.
The boys I wanted didn't want me, I was tossed, used, and torn. So many took me as a joke, I crawled inside myself- scared and forlorn. My self-esteem had let me down, my belief in myself was nil. I did not understand until...
I finally decided to believe in me, I realized I was worth so much. This was when I could see through the storm, when I allowed my soul to be touched.
I sometimes wish for money and love, when times get distressing and tough. But I know that I will always love myself, no matter what-
I am enough!

I finally came to realization, that my physical appearance was not going to change, and it wasn't going to get any better if I continued to put myself down. So I gathered up my confidence, and decided to live the life that was written for me to live.